View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 09:34 AM
No Land 3
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Agcat25 View Post
Don’t be silly, stumbling around on icy ramps, climbing frozen hard stands in the middle of the night, isn’t a choice. Don’t let yourself to be conned into this ridiculous mindset. Flying old hand me down jets for one of the Amazon, DHL subs shouldn’t be a career destination just part of the journey. The advantages of flying for a legacy passenger carrier cannot be measured when compared to night freight, hub flying and I’ve done a lot of both. You young guys and gals should get your butts into the right seat of a new, well maintained, well dispatched jet with FAs and screaming babies in the back. Don’t let old guys, who will forever be 3 units short of a BS degree convince you that this is preferable, it’s not!......Thank me.
At the Regionals I flew brand new CRJ's. I've witnessed AA pilots doing the same exact routine as me, commuting in a day early, riding the shared hotel van to a motel 6.
What I say is from experience, go chase that lifestyle if you want it, I'll go fly my rubber dog sh$% literally out of Hong Kong. I haven't done night hub turns outside of Christmas flying for Brown and Purple. Long live long haul freight, everything else sucks.