View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Fly604LV
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
I don’t disagree with you on the training contract concept. Where are differences lie is that is your contract directly tied in with promises made by your company? IE..you ( a Cirrus Pilot) is guaranteed 8 days off a month in base or the contract becomes not enforceable ? Or is it just the “promise” made outside the contract that would not stand up 10 seconds in court if you (Cirrus) happen to change Their minds about the number of days off as operation demands?

I will tell you that’s where the real question arises. Tell your company to put their skin in the game. If you are confident your company has made the right changes put it in writing. That’s the real test of this whole argument. Working at small part 135 operations is like buying a used car “buyer beware”. But prove me wrong show me a contract with guarantee schedule and pay with vacation sick time and training during off days written directly as a condition of the enforcement of a training contract. And like you do to pilots put a confession of judgement against the company for failing to uphold their end of the deal?????
Everything above is in writing now. It’s a company document that I won’t post here.

I don’t disagree with you on the company’s word and enforcement of the training contract going hand in hand. I can’t speak for other pilots but for me everything that’s either been in writing or promised to me by management has been respected. So maybe these things are being worked on. Like I said in my first post. The pay and work rules have been changed for the better about every 6 months since I started.