View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 02:57 PM
GoneMissed
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Fair enough. But shouldn’t a training contract suffice?

Why still have the confession of judgement? The vast majority (probably over 90% would be my guess) of 135 operators do not have one. Not trying to troll, just trying to understand the logic behind it.

Cirrus would love to have you as the new pilot work for them but they don’t trust you , so you should do them a favor and sign a confession of judgement because signing a training contact isn’t enough.

They are assuming at the get go that you ,as the new hire, will not do right by them, but they want you ,the new hire, to trust them in return. The way I see it is that trust is a two way street and this set up may make some potential new hires hesitant to sign on the dotted line.

I know a couple of good guys who also didn’t join because of the Confession of judgement. These were solid individuals and are not the types who wouldn’t honor their training contract.

It seems to me that a confession of judgement is entirely in favor of the employer; and the pilot has nothing really to stand on.

Like I said some are ok with it because they truly don’t understand what a confession of judgement is while others are not ok with it. But I do know Cirrus lost some great potential new hires because of it. And I have a feeling they will continue do so as long as that confession of judgement is still part of the contract. Just doesn’t seem like a savvy business tactic if they are trying to attract ,and more importantly, retain talent in their pilot ranks to help grow the company.

Living in a cool affordable city in a no income tax state flying to some cool spots would be one of those jobs you only hear about by word of mouth because turnover is low; but instead they constantly advertise on the orange site due to presumably high turnover.

It can’t be because they have so many bad seeds amongst their pilot group. If they do, the question is why do they attract pilots such as those. I guess that is akin to asking what came first the chicken or the egg?

Last edited by GoneMissed; 12-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.