View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 03:54 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by charley
Hello,

I was not referring to a union action, although they can blacklist you for being outspoken even though your right. Example: Safety conscious airman who costs them money to fix their airplanes due to the fact that he, or she takes a stand against them by refusing to take an airlplane that is not airworthy, and that also has been "Pencil Whipped" by maintenance!

The blacklisting that I was referring to involves legal action after the fact.

So, in essence once you do take legal action against a company they then supposedly have a "Secret Blacklist" that they share with other companies where your applying for work so as to prevent you from seeking gainful employment etc!

Thanks
Most large companies and many small/medium ones (in any industry) will do a background check on prospective employees...criminal and civil court records are readily available to the public.

If you are a manager, about to hire someone, and you see that she has a history of suing previous employers for harassment, discrimination, etc are you REALLY going to want to have to deal with that? Not just from a business perspective but from the perspective of also being personally named in the lawsuit and having to post a bond to avoid pre-trial seizure of your OWN house...I know what I'd do...

I have no idea if there's a blacklist, but you don't really need one...just download the applicant's life history from the web and make up your own mind.