View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 11:32 AM
LondonLad
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by DontLookDown View Post
Your question summarized is “can I skip the entry level position and get hired directly into a major.”

The answer is no.
Not quite. I was thinking that if you can get a job with an airline such as Boutique Air, Ameriflight etc, would you still need to go to the regional once you hit the 1500 hours?

Originally Posted by MadmanX2 View Post
Welcome LondonLad.!!

Is it your ambition to get to a major airline.? A career in aviation is like a step ladder. Pilots start at the bottom and work up. Sometimes pretty quickly, sometimes not so quickly.

Read those big flight school adds carefully. They usually promise an interview IF (big if) you are accepted as a CFI for their school and complete the required time. Not everyone that completes flight training at their flight school gets an offer to be a CFI at the school.

I have known plenty of pilots that did the CFI time, then went Part 135 flying then went to whatever regional that would take them and then onto a major airline.

Then again, I knew a pilot that got an internal recommendation from his dad and skipped the regionals, but that is rare.

Good luck to you,
This is what I am hearing. Can I assume that Southwest's Destination 225 program is effectively the same as ATP and the other schools?

Really grateful to the others who posted for their input and feedback. Very helpful.