View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:34 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by NIralPa View Post
I am 20-years-old. I am interested becoming a pilot but I am worried about automation and stuff (stuff? like nuclear fallout?) in the future. I don't want to spend $50,000 to $80,000 for licenses and then be like, "Why did I do this?"

I have a few questions for you? That's a statement, not a question; unless you were asking yourself, which would be weird.

1. Are you worried about your job due to automation in this industries? It's either "these industries" or "this industry". No, I am not concerned about automation other than more required auto-landings becoming prevalent. Considering the amount of aircraft currently in production requiring two pilots, I feel pretty safe for another 25 years.
2. If you could go back in the past, would you still choose this career? Yes. However, I believe I should have given more serious thought to ATC.
3. If you are comfortable answering this question -- How old are you? How many years of experience you have? How much money are you making? Around 40, 16 years experience, greater than $100,000, less than $200,000.
4. If you could go back, what would you do differently? Like work for another airline ...... Attend a university other than one that pumps out aviation degrees.

Thank you very much for your help and time!!
Answers and corrections above in red.