View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 01:55 PM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
I resemble that remark.

But seriously, that’s all that I’m saying. That the actual law that specifically governs HOW we negotiate doesn’t say anything on WHAT we can/cannot negotiate. That is all I’m saying. And until someone can show something otherwise, why should we just take the word of that person rather than the words of the actual law?

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Status quo had been defined in court rulings as being the rules that are in effect prior to entering section 6. If you make a rule that only takes effect after you enter section 6, then that rule wasn’t the standard practice or work rule prior to entering section 6. You are arguing to place a catch 22 into the contract.

Arguing that I have to prove you wrong on this is like me saying that aliens exist and you have to prove me wrong. It’s not my responsibility to provide an alien as proof. The RLA has been around for over 100 years. Airlines have been under it for over 80 years. If it was ok to put something like you are proposing into a contract, don’t you think it would have been done by now.

As I said at the start of this post, we are going to have to agree to disagree. If you feel so strongly that you are correct, contact your LEC and tell them you would like to see that in the next contract. I wish you luck.