Old 01-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Mjm8710
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Getting hired by a major, two oral failures

Just looking for some opinions when it comes to my background. I’m at roughly 4000 TT, 2600 of it in 121, and upgraded about a year ago and am trying to chip away at PIC. My hang up is I have two oral failures on my record (Commercial multi add on oral which I could have studied harder for), and my captain upgrade oral exam a year ago (which I honestly studied harder than anything in my life but I think nerves got the best of me and found myself blanking out during basic questions). I’ve always done well in the sim but orals have been a struggle since day one.

Also I am a ERAU grad but my gpa was horrible (2.7 in aeronautics). My first two years I was getting mostly C’s and a few D’s and F’s in calculus and physics. The second half of my college experience I matured and started applying myself more, studying harder, and finally started pulling mostly A’s and some B’s to get my gpa up.

I have no other failures in aviation besides by two orals, but I really have a feeling since the one was a 121 oral failure it could be a nail in the coffin even down the road. I’ve already come to the conclusion any further failures I will most likely be stuck at a regional forever with no way out.

Guess my question is between my grades and a 121 failure do I have any chance in your opinion? No need to sugar coat things either.