Old 01-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by dera View Post
The "RETURN TO FO" in all caps must have been really confusing for them.
Especially when you've only seen 5 or 6 hundred Mesa training documents over the course of your career at Atlas...

In her interview she said, "Well his house could've caught on fire or something..."... Of course she never asked him about it or called Mesa to ask what it meant. She never took it to SA or JD to ask them what it probably meant.

Atlas didn't ask at the time if you've ever failed an upgrade program and I believe they did ask that when I was hired in 2011. I could be wrong about that but I really think they did ask it. Nobody from the FAA asked her or SA how many people that get a "RETURN TO FO" at Atlas have their "House catch fire" and how many fail the training. Usually personal issues like that are "Call us when you've got your personal life in order. We've got your back."... Even at Atlas.

What I find really funny is that in the FAA interviews they spend all this time talking about how this happened to CA during training at Atlas and that happened to him that interrupted his training, but he still made it through. Most airlines will work with you if "Your house catches fire"... Usually you don't complete upgrade for other reasons and Atlas certainly knew that.