Thread: IAH
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 06:48 PM
PapaJaime
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: Gear slinging SOB

Originally Posted by Claxstarr View Post
IAH has basically doubled over the last 6 months for us. The FO side is moving quickly and captains are being awarded IAH directly from upgrade.

The trips are good (good credit) and there is a LOT of variety so you’re not going to get stuck doing the same 5 flights.

Do your own homework and make the decision that is right for you!
Claxstarr hit most of it! IAH is moving along, they tried to shutter the place a few years ago but now it’s growing again. Since April I’ve moved up 55%, and can get the days off I want for the most part.

Several of the FO’s that were ahead of me and have upgraded recently have held IAH in the initial month as captains, that being said they probably average 2.5-3.5 years on property. The top half of our captain seniority list isn’t going anywhere. I haven’t had any issues with the captains, there’s one or two salty guys but they’re all bark - no bite. Overall, a great group to fly with.

Variety is nice, you can fly all three CRJ’s in a given week and see most of the U.S., Denver - east. However, we’ve started getting some West coast stuff again. If you fly the DL op you’ll see DTW or MSP, which actually isn’t as bad as it sounds. There are a ton of great overnights in the North/Northeast in the summer months. And we just started getting some of our west coast stuff back on the UA side, LAX, SFO, SBA, RDM etc.

Pretty good time to be with OO and in IAH. Any other questions, holler....