View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post
It's disappointing to see you've become so jaded against the company. What exactly have they done to you specifically? As you can see, I am still here. I don't personally know this other poster that you associate with me however he has some very good points.

And yes, you are correct. More movement equals more flow.
I am not jaded against the company and in fact responded to your alter ego about it a couple pages back. The poster I was responding to continually bashes peoples decisions to go someplace like Spirit and that was what I was referencing. Anyway, you two would make great friends if you are not in fact the same person.

Cyio never said "more" flow.
Correct. My intention was that it wouldn't be "less" flow.
The flow has already been throttled. And the reality seems to be Envoy is expecting significant non-flow attrition. They won’t say that but that’s the only voodoo math that makes their advertising of a sub-six year flow work.

My point is that more movement equals more movement. That movement is from other attrition. The only thing that equals more flow is more flow.

Envoy has a problem with captain staffing. That is not conducive to more flow. They need to hire and upgrade a lot more to account for the attrition.
If you are referencing the contractually negotiated slowing in flow, then yes it is being metered. The company could send more than required, not that I find it very likely, but they could. To your other point, I agree, more flow is more flow, not just movement. However once this next group goes, the flow is based on pilots on property etc etc, thus more movement means more new hires, hopefully equaling the flow continuing.

True, Cyio did not, but the troll certainly jumped all over it.

But I still stand by my statement that movement is not the same as flow. Flow does create movement but not the other way around.
Agreed, but movement does allow the flow to continue at the best rate.

Last edited by Cyio; 01-06-2020 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Holy run on sentence batman.