View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Average
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by Matt1234 View Post
Thanks for this information! What in particular would you recommend practicing in a Sim if you're coming from Part 91 background? I know my biggest weakness is not much glass experience and not accustomed to flying fast (Rotor Transition) but I am humble and ready to learn. I'll have about 20 hours of RedBird G1000 flying in the weeks before class starts so hopefully that helps put it all together.
I just did the same in a redbird G1000 this morning. Going back Thursday and Friday too. I was doing approaches into some of the higher density airports (KDEN, KMEM, KLGA). I had the throttle firewalled and was barely getting 130. I was using the fastest airplane model the sim had. I too have very little glass cockpit time. I think I am going to work on more non-precision approaches which makes me use DME and step down altitudes.

From those who have been to training recently, are there any airports that training tends to center around that you will typically do departures from and approaches into?