View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:39 PM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Boeing recommends 737 Max Sim for all

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
That doesn't really say anything on the theory one way or another. Boeing can't well recommend training requirements by country either.

I won't be surprised if the max is renamed though.

Originally Posted by Texasbound View Post
So much for being able to read...

"In the tests, which were part of the work involved in evaluating the software update, many of the pilots did not use the correct procedures to handle emergencies, instead relying on their flying skills. Those results raised questions about whether simply informing pilots of which procedures to use would be sufficient to prepare them to fly the plane."

They handled it just fine, they just relied more on their skill and not the checklist.

Thus indicating, pilots with less skill would not do as well.

I stand by what I said. The article says pilots from AA, UA, SW (presumably all experienced and well trained) had issues. And presumably all knew ahead of time what they were going to deal with. Something the accident pilots didn’t know ahead of time.

I’m not blaming pilots. This is obviously an issue with the design that needs specific simulator training. I’m positive all those pilots would handle it better if they had gone through specific sim training.