View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 05:25 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
I’m not buying it. MCAS has been fixed to run off both AOA sensors reading high, and then fire a limited amount only once. No more tug of war. “Those in the know” are being quoted in articles saying the issues guys are having is dealing with an AOA disagree after takeoff. That’s already an established procedure right? Why the problems?

I wonder what they mean by guys using flying skills versus going to checklists. Well newsflash, if the stick shaker is going off then this isn’t the time to throw the AP on. The ETH Capt asked for AP on 3 times with the shaker going off.

So here we are. I still think this whole fiasco being dragged out is because EASA is flexing their muscles over the FAA and Boeing. Let’s be honest, the world won’t look at the FAA to clear this airplane until EASA (Europe) certifies it too.

Yes, it would be awkward for the FAA to go their own way without EASA on this. They dug that hole for themselves though.

I doubt they'll have universal consensus from all regulatory agencies but they probably need EASA and Canada onboard, and maybe Oz too.