View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
navigatro
Permanent Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by ANG135Drvr View Post
Being ANG I am not an authority on the Reserve, but the only difference I know of is that the Reserve is Federal while ANG is State. Basically my check is from the state of NJ and I follow the orders of the Governor, while the Reserve is direct from the Pres. Other than that were both about the same... Thats all I have gathered in the last 2 years of hanging with AD and Res guys.

Check your W-2. I'm pretty sure your pay comes from the US Government (Federal). True, the ANG has a dual level of control, and in peacetime, that means the State (Governor/Adjuctant General.) Any overseas Guard duty is Title 10 USC, which is Federal Active Duty. If you fly a strategic aircraft (AMC), you will not likely do many state missions. Aside from training missions, your duty will likely be National Guard Bureau missions or Higher Headquarter's missions (AMC). Guard Bureau missions are done on Title 32 (State Active Duty), so you could consider them state duty, but you are under Guard Bureau operational control.

Good Luck!