View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 05:56 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
I've given you the benefit of doubt because I appreciate your viewpoint of looking at the big picture. I even think that our retirement ask is a bit crazy. However, our MEC has conveyed to you that the company has only offered a $28M increase and you side with management rather than get the least bit offended at the company position? I generally understand the that there is give and take, but $28M, with todays profits, is a slap in the face to the pilot group that has done so much for Delta. Dubya tee eff dude!
The 28 million is on sections of little financial impact so it’s a meaningless number. The union if they wanted to be open should have conveyed exactly what sections the 28 million are contained in.

What you should be concerned about is it appears to me the company does not want to put out to the union or into public a table position on the actual money sections. I would suspect they are afraid of pilot reaction. The timing of filing for mediation just before they would have been required to put those positions out almost certainly guarantees that they don’t have to show their hand until next fall. It will take that long to get a mediator assigned, sessions scheduled and work to the important parts. That gets them through next summer. They did not want to place their cards on the table prior to summer. I suspect they feel this strategy avoids issues they have had in the past. Many might remember the Mullin pay proposal as a example.
This certainly makes a statement the company has made a internal decision to proceed as slowly as possible. They are playing the long game and don’t want to give us a peek at their cards. Apparently we may not like the cards they hold.