Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 08:36 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by crazyjaydawg View Post
If you know that you have a choice to be the first of 10 on the 717 or last slot on the 73N may impact your decision because that’s a swing of being 9 people senior in one category or junior in another for the next two years.

With the current movement and hiring planned over the next few years it’s small fry, but if the music stopped it could be the difference of commuting to reserve or a line over two years.
This, plus it does have some impact scheduling your initial training. Most senior pilot in class on each fleet gets to request days off/select schedule first.

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Huh? Why would what others are picking impact your decision?
In addition to the schedule issue above, my other thought was how do they protect and honor seniority within the class? What mechanism would a newhire have to ensure that someone senior to them did, in fact, bid a spot that they might have missed out on. I would hope there is some check on this, but I'm not familiar with the new process. Maybe it's as simple as pilot 9999 piping up and saying "Hey, NYC320B was my first choice. Why did pilot 4444 get it and I didn't."