View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:04 PM
CLazarus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: 777FO

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
You sure it wasn't the previous L-UAL uniform? Saw that again in SFO fairly recently and at first I thought it was a wear tester. Nope, full old school L-UAL uni right down to the hardware. Came up and told him that Halloween had long since past but boy did he look sharp.
Well, I don't know exactly what that uniform looked like. From behind as I first walked by, I didn't even realize she was wearing a uniform until I spotted the thin silver braids on her blazer sleeve. The jacket color was about right for the new uniform (a lighter shade of blue, which I had previously seen on static display). I did another head to head pass and thought, "Guess the new wear test is on". Along with being silver, the wings looked different... kind of "fat" vs. the slimmer ones we have now. Along with a legacy uniform I'm not familiar with, I suppose she could have been from another airline but I'm pretty familiar with our competitors uniforms (don't remember if her I.D. was visible either). I didn't doubt it was the new uniform at the time but I'll frankly admit I was surprised to see it and could have been mistaken.