View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
FR8Hauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Open Mind View Post
Sorry to disagree but the Sig definitely objected to the use to Capt's as RFO in any situation. I immediately spoke with many union officer's and was told that this was the union's position which had the support of the entire membership... I guess I didn't count!!! Possibly, other's can recall the communication's from the Sig and the system cp. Also, when the company decided to use Capt's as RFO in a 3 man crew because of a shortage of fos at the time, there was a note in the bid pack stating that they would only do so in a three man crew so as not to go against union objections in a 4 man crew which were most strenuous.
This was one of the stupidest things we have done. The company wanted to use two full crews with the extra captain included. We fought it and now have three FO's onboard. That probably equates to about 50 extra MD-11 captain slots lost. Nobody asked my opinion about it either...Once again ALPA decided what was good for me. Some of the captain rfo trips were great deals.