View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Deespatcher
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: protecting my license until I get the next job.

Originally Posted by Roll Inverted and Pull View Post
You don`y wanna be too far from the airport, but don`t wanna be in the hood? Can`t do both. Get thee north of I-285 (but not in Fulton County, unless, of course, you enjoy high taxes), or go down to "base housing" at Peachtree City. Stay out of Clayton, DeKalb and Gwinnett Counties. I`m sure someone will come along next and tell you that I`m wrong, he!!, I`ve only lived around here for 43 years!

YOU'RE WRONG! OK, not really.

I currently reside (part time) in Metropolitan Peachtree City. If your younger, single and looking for fun, this is not so much the place for you. Its allegedly good for raising families though.

The younger, singler, funner places to live are in town, I'd recommend the Virginia-Highlands, Vinings, or perhaps the Midtown area (going pricey these days). The trick is not straying too far, or your in less than appealing parts of town. I would second that Dekalb (with the exception of the Emory/Decatur area maybe I hear they're cleaning up) and Clayton (ClayCo) aren't the place to be these days. I had the most fun living in Va-Hi, but my car was broken into once,