View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM
lake
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

[QUOTE=Han Solo;2955909]I currently live on the south side of ATL. I really like my neighborhood and with the addition of a few new restaurants and the Costco the south side is really improving. Unfortunately I want to have easier access to the north GA and NC mountains as well a view with at least a little bit of vertical development. We're still considering a move to SLC (love the mountains, hate winter so probably not) but can anybody recommend a neighborhood or town on the north side that fulfills these requirements:

1. Mountain views
2. 1.5 hours or less to the airport (not accounting for rush hour or accidents)
3. Enough acreage that I won't know my neighbors -- I'm thinking 3-5 acres and wooded.
4. Established high speed internet
5. Available lots, I want to build from scratch
6. No more than 30 minutes from a Costco and preferably 15 minutes from a major grocery store

Schools are not a factor, we're empty nesters next year. We're not scared of septic and a well. My own inept research has capped the northernmost boundary around Dahlonega, but even there it's tough to tell on Zillow if any of the available land is part of a neighborhood or has high speed internet

I used to live up north. It has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. The new Express lane on I-85 has caused major traffic problems all times of the day, and it cost about $15 each way to drive to the airport. The crime has gotten out of control. Personally I moved back to Florida as I could not stand the crime, racism and traffic issues any longer.
FWIW. Lake Lanier is awesome and a Costco is at the mall of GA. Buford school system is awesome with unbelievable facilities if you have school age kids.
Best of luck!!