Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 09:59 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by speedbrakearmed View Post
I understand that there are 600 pilots on reserve, likewise, there are 1700 people on the line. Thats the great thing about "The Envoy" has you so eloquently put it is that every month you move up a minimum of 20 spots. Reserve times are short especially compared to other regionals, movement is fast, I'm not saying reserve is perfect, but show me another company that has a better combination. Yes RAH, SKW, may have better QOL (again depending on base/AC) but if you think reserve times here are lengthy, look at what you have there, due to the lack of flow theres reduced movement meaning more time on reserve. I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for any group, but this notion that this place is doom and gloom is beyond ridiculous by a huge margin.
I think the issue with reserve here comes down to two main issues.

1. Being forced upgraded to a plane/base that will force a commute for most people.
2. After this occurs, you now have the crappier parts of our reserve system kick in, such as auto 4am RAPs and the like.

As I pointed out in another thread, I feel Envoy has made improvements on virtually all fronts, with reserve rules being one of the exceptions. Reserve may be longer at SKW, I dont know, taking your word on it, but chances are you have gotten to a base close to your living situation and are not being required to upgrade out of your seat if you dont want to.