View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Deez340
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Joeshmoe View Post
Let me dumb this down for you.........
The only thing I mentioned about Delta was the pic requirement which you have LABORIOUSLY repeated was incorrect. Fine, point taken, I don't work for DAL.

NOW, since that is the only thing I mentioned in regards to DELTA in the same sentence, where is the disconnect in your brain when it comes to apps on file you mentioned you had knowledge of? I never mentioned a word about applications on file other than at UNITED, yet you made a very clear statement about talking with Capt. so and so about applications on file, never mentioning what airline you were referring to but I guess through osmosis I'm supposed to realize you were talking about DAL. Whatever.
Wow...... OK, I'll bite and continue to beat this dead horse.

Here is your original post.

joeshmoe: Not exactly. The majors are very much reaching the desperation level. Just look at the relaxed PIC requirements at DA and the relaxed degree requirement along with age at UAL. Its only a matter of time before meeting mins is all it takes for a face to face at a legacy.

Below is my retort to your statements about major airline recruitment desperation level followed by your response to me challenging the numbers I quoted. I mention Delta's number of applications as evidence that you were mistaken, at lease in Delta's case, in saying they were growing desperate for recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez340
Severely ill-informed. Delta's mins are the same they have always been (even when fedex, ups, and swa guys were trying to get on here. as resent as 2001) and not the result of your improperly perceived "desperation". The average new hire of late had 6000+ tt and 2500+ pic and there are over 12,000 apps on file.

joeshmoe: Your apps on file numbers are just plain wrong. Where do you get your facts from?

I can't for the life of me see how anyone reading the above post could conclude my comments were about anyone but Delta. You don't need osmosis... It says Delta in the text.

Last edited by Deez340; 01-08-2008 at 07:52 PM.