View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:52 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Greygore1869 View Post
Hello, I am a 2200TT regional pilot. Currently in a situation where my home base will be shutting down by the end of summer. Looking for ideas and recommendations on good foreign airlines that American citizens can go work for? My wife and I are keeping any options open and think it might be fun to relocate for a few years.

thank you
Excuse me, but that’s insane. To begin with, you’ll need to get all your US certificates switched over. then you are going to have to get hired someplace that doesn’t require you to be an EU or local nation citizen:

Assuming that does happen and you don’t hit a zebra on the runway flying for Air Zimbabwe or a Caribou flying for Viet Air, and actually manage to survive the malaria, they are still unlikely to let you upgrade to captain, so you are STILL going to have to come back here and get enough 121 time to let you upgrade here. In the meantime, your peers who sucked it up and went to a regional that is hurting for pilots have been flying 900 hours a year - 900 hours that really COUNT for upgrade - and are either already at a ULCC or are getting competitive for a top tier.

While you’ve f@rted around playing George of the Jungle, they’ve gotten 2000 seniority numbers ahead of you where you do eventually end up.

but to each his own...

https://pilotcareercenter.com/Search.../All%20Regions