View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 05:10 AM
Dobbs18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Rockiepilot View Post
Movement is happening regardless. The junior nature of it I think will change is all. I don’t see this as a new normal. It’ll all settle eventually and the change of fleets will help. Maybe I’m wrong. We shall see. Approaching with caution isn’t an ill advised approach...
Bottom of the CA list in LGA is and ALWAYS will go junior. It's not some anomaly that is unique to our airline. NY is junior base for every airline. To say that all of a sudden GP II CA in LGA will suddenly go senior is foolish, I think the bottom GP II CA's will hover in the 12,000s for the foreseeable future. A lot of guys know they can hold it but don't want any part of it. And for the guys waiting around until they get more senior, like lineholder status, does nothing to the bottom of the bid category list. While they wait the company still needs to fill slots which means the bottom will get replenished with other jr people. I am not sure we will see many more 13,000 numbers getting the upgrade but who knows, don't underestimate how bad LGA/737/CA is in many people's eyes.