Thread: Wet Sock Smell
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 05:20 PM
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Now you understand how I feel to a T. A reoccurring “thing” that all aircraft manufactures and airlines deny and even many of our head-in-the-sand colleagues deny.

Welcome. How does it feel to have this happen to you and have few people take you seriously?

https://www.aerotoxic.org/
Unfortunately, that is the difference in culture (management). There were a multitude of reasons I came to my airline, but the seriousness they take with this issue was a major factor. We have 100% full support from management with this issue. It’s very refreshing.

My company is one of only 2 airlines (that I know of - more may have signed on as of late) that have signed an LOI to install Palls Bleed Air Filter STC. It’s close, but it is not on the market yet. They have finally started testing it and taking it from the lab to an actual Airbus A/C.

Interestingly the Airbus they used for their testing was an American A321. It’s just a hunch, but I suspect AA is also going to be a customer. I mean Pall could have just rented time in one of their Buses, but I don’t think AA would allow their aircraft and name to be involved in this video if they weren’t somehow involved.

The test was a success. The data they got in the lab was what they saw in the actual A/C. Very very promising.