View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:54 AM
Bluetaildragger
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by flybywp View Post
Take a good look at some of Envoy's flights. Sure they fly some short routes, but they also fly much longer ones. A large amount of them.

And take another look at a typical day's flying in CLT vs PHL. CLT has flights departing after 11pm at night. PHL shuts down before 10pm. I'm all for improved schedules and more efficient trips, and a lot of improvements can and need to be made. But blaming it all on the company without understanding that we fly the shortest stage lengths in the AA system and fly a jet on dash routes just shows a lack of understanding of the situation. How many flights do we fly out of PHL and CLT that are blocked over two hours? Now how many do you think PSA flies out of PHL and CLT over 2 or even 3 hours? Same with Envoy out of DFW and ORD. The schedule inefficiencies won't be fixed until Piedmont has a larger and more diverse route network. And that likely will not come until you see a jet on property that seats more than 50 passengers.
Isn't what you're saying about CLT versus PHL in support of what I'm saying? CLT and PHL lines are about the same credit on average, no? Even with the different banks of flying. Kind of seems like that leads to the conclusion that the bank changes in PHL didn't really effect average line value.

I also never flew to GRR, STL, CHS, LEX, ILM, YOW on the dash. There have been additional longer routes sprinkled in too that I'm missing. Never saw it effect my credit. As Cicada said we sit in hotels for long periods, when we are 117 legal and watch multiple PHL turns come and go while we figure out what to do with ourselves in our Watertown hotel rooms.