View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:59 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I totally understand your concern about the company. We were at the top of the heap in so many ways, and now, not only are we falling behind other carriers, it looks like we have overhired. We are overcapacity by a long shot, earnings have been worse than expected for some time, and there's the fear that Amazon is eating our lunch. If I was fairly junior, I would be worried, especially if I'm passing up opportunities while the pax carriers are hiring like crazy. Fred will likely retire soon, God help us. It's a tough call.

On the positive side, we do have many scheduled retirements, we've never furloughed, and people are always going to want their stuff. I never understood why people hung onto their reserve/guard jobs while working for this company, but I do now. Personally, if I was looking elsewhere, I'd look at Delta, because I think they will be around for a long time. I avoid American and United, because every time it seems to be an unpleasant or mediocre experience. Delta gets me there every time, and it's a minimum of hassle, if one has to be a passenger. Seems that would be a good strategy if you want to stick around for the long term, Delta seems to have it down. And their profit sharing? Wow.

It is so unfortunate the junior pilots even have to consider this.