View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 08:36 AM
135tankerdriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Fatcat View Post
Thx man but I'm not really interested in the air force, I prefer to fly for a large cargo company one day like Fedex, Ups for instance.
I recommend having an open mind to all your options and check them out. As you get older you I’d reassess the options that you thought weren’t for you. When I was 17 I wanted to be a photojournalist and while getting my ratings in college I wasn’t interested in joining the military but as time progressed I changed my mind.

In this career you may never get a call from UPS or FedEx. There are a ton of people who want that job both civilian and military. If you want a job at a legacy if you go the civilian route you really need to set yourself apart... by becoming a check airmen, Chief pilot, getting a safety position, volunteer, etc.

Also, it’s a lot about who you know that got hired before you.

Big picture keep an open mind. Read some of these forums but realize some people on here complain. And realize that a bunch of people want a legacy job and usually the advice is take the first legacy that calls and if you get multiple offers then you have a decision to make.