View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:43 PM
2GoodEngines
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by Cessna182TypeR View Post
So it’s between XJT, Mesa and Envoy since both those airlines also have Dallas bases closer to LBB? I wonder what their time to a line, upgrade and a line once upgraded is compared to XJT?
That is certainly the million (or a least a few hundred thousand) dollar question. I would much prefer a DFW base - MUCH easier to get to and from out of LBB. But as you said, that's Envoy and Mesa (and I guess Skywest too). As you know it's SUPER hard to get solid unbiased info from these boards, but from what I can piece together, looks like Envoy has got a pretty nasty "new hires are going to LGA on reserve for a while" thing going on, particularly if you're not a cadet, and I've just heard too many negative things about Mesa's work rules. Don't know much about Skywest but I think their reserves are pretty lengthy as well. Of course, all of this could change 3 hours ago. In a nutshell that's why I've sort of narrowed my focus to XJT for now. I've got 3500TT, half of that is turbine, and half of the turbine is PIC, but it's all 91/135. I'll be putting the app in at Spirit as well (DFW base) which honestly sounds like it would be a great place to end up (I'm 47 by the way), but without the 121 time and not knowing anyone there, I know my app score is probably still gonna kick me to the lower end of the stack. Anyway, I digress. Your original point is valid though. I've sorted through the maze to see if those others made more sense, but I keep drifting back to XJT as being the better overall choice in my particular case. I guess we'll find out when we're dead and we see who has the most chips :-)