View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 02:24 PM
BLOB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
Did those that went to work at FedEx before it had these flexible work rules, pay, pension, vacation, etc just not do anything about those things? Or did they go to FedEx despite those things and when the opportunity arose to make it better, they did? I’m sick and tired of this type of argument. I see now that it’s a cultural thing here. People are so used to doing things the “same” way that they use all these irrelevant excuses.

As for previous airlines, many of them, including mine, had similar schedules as night hub turns. They called them by different names, stand ups, high speeds, CDO, etc. Many came from airlines that did international flying as well. And all of them do the same kind of day flying we do. It is a more valid comparison those people make with experience with both regulations than anyone who has only flown under 121 regs.
What guys don’t want to give up is the scheduling flexibility that was fought for before you got here and decided you don’t like flying at night. I’m sorry not everybody is going to agree with you that 117 will improve our schedules or QOL regardless of how “sick” you are of their arguments that you don’t happen to agree with. To disagree with your opinion (and that’s all it is...just like mine is just an opinion) doesn’t make something an irrelevant excuse. It’s condescending to assume that somebody who has carefully considered the issue yet doesn’t see the vast improvements you claim is just making irrelevant excuses. You are showing up and expecting everybody to bend to your will and do what you want. Unintended consequences often diminish many of the alleged “improvements” that have been sold to us so forgive me for not wanting to jump on your band wagon.