View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 02:10 PM
BLOB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
I think you missed the point of the cost analysis. What was said was that the cost of changes for a cargo company to the potential benefits of preventing an accident wasn’t worth it because a cargo plane will only have a few people on board while a passenger plane will have potentially hundreds of people. Isn’t it nice to know that a Delta pilots life is worth more than yours because most of their freight loads itself.

So far, the biggest complaint I hear is that guys won’t be able to load up their schedule like they can now. And these are the same pilots you expect to say they are fatigued?
Let me guess. How many of these are true?
1. You live in Memphis (base)
2. You are senior in your seat or have been most of your time.
3. You don’t need to trip trade to get the schedule you’d like to have.

These are all choices (sort of). However, the more of these you answer yes to the less you are affected by some of the negative consequences that may limit our schedules with 117.

Just because a guy commutes, upgrades at a point junior to when you have or will, and likes our scheduling flexibility as it is doesn’t mean he is wrong. He is managing his career in a way that is different than you. If changing the “rules” of the game impacts that negatively why would you expect him to support that.