Thread: Guardian Flight
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 05:21 PM
PC12911Flyer
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by airambo View Post
I worked for them for over 5 years. They started out as Eagle Air Med, then changed to AMRG, then changed to Guardian Flight. They were bought out by a big corporation called AMGH. The CEO for Guardian Flight (not very good at his job and was fired shortly after AMGH bought them) hired a couple 'goon' friends of his to be the DO and CP. When I left this past year, those two were still around. No one likes either of them (pilots and medical crews alike). If you turn down a flight or put a flight on hold because of weather, they will start blowing up your phone and second guessing your decision. I put a flight on hold for severe turbulence, and was immediately called and berated for doing so.

My advice? Stay far away. But, if you're looking to make a few bucks out on the Navajo Indian Reservation in the desert southwest, go for it. You'll work a 14/14 schedule (first 7 are day shift, second 7 are night shift). You'll fly 2 flights per shift, and you'll work 10-15 hours every shift. Lot's of guys get burned out after 6 months and end up leaving. High turnover. But, the medical crews are pretty awesome, and the maintenance guys do all they can to help you out.
Take this post with a grain of salt. There were a couple people in this region that really enjoyed making more work for the rest of us. Many have been managed out by said “goons”. Basic IFR flying is part of the job...like it or not. Throughout the company, staffing hasn’t been better in a long time and the company appears to have a real focus on supporting their employees. FWIW