View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 04:08 PM
Av8tr1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by clear4approach View Post
Why not get a corporate jet type rating? It shows potential 121 employers that you can pass a type rating course. It also (should there be some snag in your career progression) gives you something to fall back on, going to a corporate or 135 operator. It's true that many corporate/135 operators will type rate their ideal candidate, but it's also true that having the right type rating will make you more marketable to corporate/135 operators. Its been over 5 years since I've been in the corporate world, but I imagine a G550, G650, Falcon 7x, Global Express type rating would be good places to start.
I considered that too. But there are SOOO many to choose from. A type rating is a type rating though. If you can pass one you likely can pass all of them. So I assume for the purposes of corporate marketability any of my types will work for that purpose should I want to go to the corp world. And if I am going to commit to a 135 without a union I am going to want them to have skin in the game. A 737 is one of the most recognizable ratings in the world. If one has any of the larger passenger jets they likely can pass any of the biz jets too. Plus I get to go to one of the more demanding types without the pressure of line training. For me its just another type rating. No pressure of a loss of job if I don't pass for some inexplicable reason.