Old 01-22-2020, 10:21 PM
jpncrjdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right

Originally Posted by Greygore1869 View Post
Welp this thread didn’t exactly go as I thought it might.....lol
Hey Grey

Yeah the most folks are giving you the straight up... The USA Market is the best place going today... Your CV is a little lite to head out into the Expat market... There are only a few places that hire F/Os NTR with under 2000TT... EVA & Emirates last time I checked... If you did get hired there you could expect 5-10 years to upgrade... The pay these days at the Tier 1/2 Carriers are now much better than the Expat jobs except for some of the Chinese Contracts... China you will earn your money, if you have not visited please do to get a real look... Even staying 2 weeks won't give you the inside look on the way things really roll...

If you are dead set in taking a working adventure good on ya... Do some home work and know more than likely you will loose money in your life long career earnings... I would recommend you upgrade at your regional and get 500 hrs command before heading out on your Adventure... During this time, suspect it would take another year before getting your time... Identify the Carriers you would qualify at... Then take a holiday with your wife to the bases offered and have a look... If things look good start the app process... Do the screening and if all goes well make a choice...

Don"t be dejected that some who are and have been abroad tell ya you are better off to stay put... Take that info, look at what is available and what fits you & your family... Run some numbers (Money/Career earnings) and do what is best for you...

Good luck... PM me if you want some info from some one who has been outside the USA 10+ years and has mate who has done 23+ years and is now back and VERY happy to be...

Kampai, JpnCrjdriver