View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 07:15 AM
dckpck
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by jimpix89 View Post
Background.. 1470 hours, clean FAA record, no criminal history, no DUI or anything. I have a 4 year degree with honors from a good university. I’m in my mid 20s. I’ve checked and rechecked my application. Worst thing is that I had a string of bad luck with driving in the last 18 months. I got pulled over 3 times, twice for speeding 10% over the limit (both times they were deferred and dropped from my driving record after 90 days.) I also got nailed during those same traffic stops for having a headlight out and license plates expired. I know, I messed up on these stupid little things but learned from it.

I interviewed with Envoy, showed up prepared with all paperwork and thoroughly studied. Interview went great, was told I was well prepared and did a good job. But 9 days later I got an email saying “we’re sorry, we can’t consider you at this time, apply again in 6 months.

So I applied to Mesa, they called me and I got a phone screen an hour later. It went fine. But then I get the same rejection email 30 minutes later.

I know how to interview because I went through many while trying to get a job out of college and I received offers. I’ve always shown up prepared and well dressed, shoes shined, paperwork in order.

What gives? Im prepared to bring at least 5 if not 10 recommendation letters to my next interview. I’m baffled especially in this hiring environment. Nervous to keep interviewing if this is going to keep happening, possibly closing more doors!
bro
why are u saying you have had bad luck with driving in one sentence then saying these tickets were dropped! when asked about your driving record YOU SAY it is clean period! do you think you are the only young guy with a lead foot