Thread: Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:14 AM
Roy Biggins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
It is bold. But that doesn't make it untrue. My point about BOS is that if you live near this airport, JB is most definitely a destination airline for you. QOL is everything in this industry and you can't beat driving to work. With BOS, right now, JB is the only game in town. If Delta, as rumored, makes BOS a pilot hub, all bets are off, and JB again becomes a stepping stone.

Listen, I get why guys would apply and accept offers to come here from regional and corporate jobs. It's better (in most cases) across the board here than at those locations. But the truth is, for the long term, as it sits right now, JB is bottom barrel of their peers right now, and the gap is widening with every year, and every new contract that will renegotiated ahead of us entering our next negotiation session in a few years.

So yeah, the truth hurts. I wish it wasn't this way. Maybe our negotiators, MEC and pilot group will grow a collective pair next time and we'll get a contract we can all be proud of. Not holding my breath though.
I’m just curious what you consider our peers? Legacies only (United, Delta, American)? Or all other majors included? I mean, I realize emotions are running kinda high right now, but let’s not get carried away. Yes, hopefully the next contract pulls us up toward the legacy carriers. The product we deliver on a regular basis would suggest we should be paid accordingly.