Thread: Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:38 AM
jamesholzhauer
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
This right here! The union needs to be focused on educating the pilot group on who we are prior to the next round of negotiations. Last round we were Alaska and I expected the arbitrator to push something similar.(I think our negotiators actually hit well above Alaska when you compare the entire contract)

However, by the time we are in negotiations for our next CBA We will be flying 757 sized aircraft from cities like Lima, Bogota, LA and SFO, London, Amsterdam and probably France. I wouldn’t put Hawaii out of the mix either and probably Brazil.

Point being we are quickly becoming closer to a legacy type model airline than we are Alaska, SWA or Spirit. We need to be refocusing our sights higher. The argument needs to be made to the pilot group and to the arbitrator that we have shifted into a higher category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Perhaps the union needs to teach people the difference between an arbitrator and a mediator? Hint: we didn’t have an arbitrator. Oh, and they did explain that in many emails.

I’d recommend talking to your rep or a P2P guy about your concerns about who our peer group is, and certainly the negotiating committee once they are up and running.

And we aren’t and won’t be flying 757s. We are flying a variant of an A321. Different planes, different pay scales. You get what you negotiate. We will see what everyone else with XLRs negotiates. If it’s 757 rates, great. If not, it’s hard to negotiate 757 rates when everyone else has a321 or separate LR/XLR rates.