Thread: Typical Day
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:59 AM
SladeTin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by KIGECA97531 View Post
One has to wonder if we could even pretend to keep up 10% growth for another 10 years. There aren't enough underserved airports left in this country to maintain 10% growth for 5 years. Remember, these new bases and new routes are also shifting flying away from Florida and the west coast, only a small portion is actual growth. Mexico? Maybe if they do it right, but my bet is we fly revenue to the resorts we already serve with charters. 10% growth also assumes we can find affordable used jets and get pilots, with no economic disasters. I know a lot of guys want to guzzle this kool aid they are pouring with the grow our way out of stagnation stuff but if you look at the reality of that, it's a long shot. This airline is like a pyramid scheme, and anyone who comes in is going to stay on the bottom. The ones at the top will keep raking it in and telling those below to keep sucking it up.
So very true! The kool aid is real strong around here for some. There’s virtually no chance at continually growing by 10% every year for all the factors you mentioned and many more. With the way the bottom portion of the seniority list is treated here, I can not in good faith recommend anyone coming here. Maybe if you are that perfect candidate that lives in GRR, DSM, or ABE it MIGHT work out ok for you. Otherwise you are signing on to a lengthy period of disappointment where you will continuously be frustrated with how your schedule and QOL is beaten down over and over again for no good reason.