View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:05 PM
BMEP100
Banned

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: Tom’s Whipping boy.

I lurked this thread for a while and find it amusing and sad. The ironies are amusing. The envy, anger and disappointment is sad. There is definitely a huge lack of circumspection in some of the posts from the whiners. And a lot of hubris.

It’s kinda like what I hear when inviting some people to attend church. Sometime I hear people say, “church is full of hypocrites”. To which I answer “we always have room for one more ��

It’s an unfortunate natural human trait to envy someone’s success or good fortune. But remember, while you feel like you live in a dark world, you cannot your candle brighter by snuffing someone else’s out.

My expiration date is fast approaching. My good fortune continues with my health, so I won’t be quitting my first love. (Yeah I soloed before I met my wife). Fractionals don’t sound inviting to me however, so I’ll look for that “hobby” unicorn 91 flying job. It’s true, that if I take that job, I’ll possibly be preventing some young guy with a family to feed, from getting it. But, I left him a place at the big table.

You can bet if I wind up in the right seat of some really nice private jet, with a 75 year old in the left seat, I’ll honor his achievement by being the most supportive F/O I can be- like when I was 30. We’ll have a good time, and be happy.

Some of you guys should lighten up. You’ll be healthier, happier, and maybe you too will make it to old age.
Attached Images