View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Buck Rogers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Falcon20 View Post
They called and didn’t leave a message. I called back and got flak from the scheduler until I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor said yep you weren’t contacted with enough time the trip is off my schedule. So no harm no foul. I then thought about what would have happened if I didn’t see the missed call and there wasn’t a message. Did that count as contact even though it was within the 12 hours? The schedule reference handbook and PWA don’t state what counts as contact that I can find. This is why I ask the question.

Don't know the answer but will hazard a guess anyway. No, not contact. Even though they may have called, you didn't answer so NO contact on that front. Additionally, they can't verify if your ringer is on or off....therefor they will argue nobody heard it therefore NO contact.

Not sure what answer you are looking for and I'm not gonna go back to research the thread. If not what you're looking for , sorry.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it ,did it make a sound? Yea, kinda like that !