View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
ImperialxRat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by mattisawesome View Post
i see led zep that you are a dave ramsey listener as well. We just paid off my wife's student loans and I am paying cash for my private. I have, up to this point, been thinking about taking about 45K(I will have 10K saved) loan for ATP and then going back to my desk job and flight instructing on the side until most of the loan is paid off. I don't know if it is a good idea or maybe I should get off my butt and get a second job until we can pay cash. Thing is my wife and I can easily live off of her income and have plenty to spare. I was also thinking I would quit my job all together, use whatever I made cfi'ing and something else and pay it off that way. I don't know if it is a good plan or not. I just paid off 20K worth of debt in 7 months working an extra job, and my wife's income. I know I could pay this off but the kicker is whether to do it before or after the school or maybe go to school gradually. I'm weary of that because my wife wants to have kids fairly soon. Decisions decisions.
Capital One has a money market account that pays near 5% interest, if your looking for a place to throw your money while you save it until you use it. Its almost like a savings account...I think you can do two withdrawals per month on it.