View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 04:44 AM
whataclub
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

I believe your level of suck while commuting is directly proportional to your seniority level, how long your commute is, if you have direct flights, and the frequency of those flights. For a while I commuted from New York to LAX. The flight was long (which sucked), but I had great seniority so I bid schedules that worked for me (so I never had to take red eyes) and my schedule allowed me to commute in a way to maximize my time at home. Also, there is so much frequency on that route there is just about a flight every hour or so I never had to worry about missing a flight because there would be another boarding a couple of gates away. On the other hand if you live in Florida and have to commute to one of the smaller regional bases like e.g. TYS, DAY, insert small Midwest city here (so you have to two leg it through a hub) and you were commuting to reserve (so most likely you were having to leave a day early and get back a day late) then you are most likely wanting to gouge your eyes out after a couple months as you are sitting on a CRJ jumpseat for the 4th time in a row.