Old 01-28-2020, 10:43 AM
OTZeagle1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

I think ‘05 took some of the luster off for me. Almost 20 years in and it’s been a ride. Hard to complain, lots of ups and downs though. Home on the sound, views out of almost every room, bought at a good time, only bummer is the 28k a year in tax on it. Drive to work, last year about 15 days a month off. I worked too hard, I drop and try to pick up as much good stuff as I can, some frown on it, I think it’s smart. Boat, small plane, more then I ever expected. Have one neighbor I think is in the same place as me, on the other side is a guy that probably throws away more money then I make. If I gaze too long out his direction, I feel like a looser, wonder why any one would become a pilot. I stayed all in that A plan, never voted anyone out of it, watched a lot of guys do it to themselves, wish everyone was in it. Have a good friend at SWA, commutes to OAK, lives in a track home, still probably 700k, he wishes he would have went to ALK. Every time he comes over he says, “ah so this is how a real pilot lives.” Seattle has gotten expensive though, worry about the new guys, I don’t think I would stay if I were them. Like to think this next contract will change a lot for them, but it would be hard to wait for a maybe if someone else were to call. Little more then 20 years left, I still enjoy flying, most everyone I fly with is awesome, it rarely feels like work.