Thread: Class drops..
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 09:05 AM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
You seem really angry, are you ok? Who hurt you?
I am fine. What I don't like is reading stupid comments like yours. "Rationale is it’s better to hire, train, use for summer, and retrain than to lose quality applicants to other companies."

FedEx flight ops was already authorized to hire extra pilots to be ahead of the pilot deficit. They did exactly that. We hired 600+ last year and clearly we're fat on pilots. They did exactly what you're advocating for.

Smith is defiant that his plan to ditch Amazon and focus on other retailers/e-tailers will pay off. I believe it will. I also believe the TNT merger will eventually pay off. When this company starts losing money, then I will be worried. Until then, I think it would be foolish to jump ship. However, I wouldn't scold anyone who does. The Big3 aren't going anywhere. The only thing I see happening in the airline industry is more consolidation. However, Delta seems to be losing more higher paying jobs (international wide-body jobs) to the code shares and joint ventures. This was one of the main reasons why I left DAL. In year two I held a wide-body position at FDX and I currently have an award to a wide-body CA slot (7 years on property). Hopefully the next bid will be kind to me.