View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 06:23 AM
N1CEandEZ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by 2GoodEngines View Post
I’ve read the posts, I’ve watched the videos, I get it - commuting sucks! BUT......does it always suck? Is there anyone out there willing to share their experience of how it’s really not that bad for them? Sure, commuting half way across the country is probably a never win situation, but what about people who are one non-stop 90 minute flight away from their base? Can it actually be a livable long term arrangement in some cases, or will it always eventually burn you out and make you want quit and become a car salesman? (no offense to car salesmen). It’s obviously not ideal, but for some (i.e. me) it’s the only way they’ll be able to do the 121 thing, because moving may be completely off the table. Just looking for someone to say “it’s a bit of a pain, but it’s not that bad under the right circumstances”. If there’s no one that can say that, I guess my question is answered.
It isn’t fun but at the same time it’s a great privilege. This is one of the very few professions you don’t have to relocate for. I would so much rather do the commute I am doing now than live where I am based anyways. The length of your commute and the frequency of flight options usually determines how good / bad the commute is.