Old 01-31-2020, 06:45 AM
chucknorris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Well, seems haven’t changed in the 15 years since I went through the program. The good is if you can pass AWAC training you can pass anywhere, I don’t think a single AWAC guy or gal has ever failed jetblue training. AWaC training for years made me have visceral reaction to the smell of a sim building. That said, i enjoyed working there after I got through training, but I’m sure it’s a different company now, I’ve been gone 10 years.

My favorite training experience (not) at AWaC was on sim 2 getting an engine failure, and since we weren’t working the IAC and qrh quick enough having him advance the fire until he made a simulated call that the flight attendants are burning, a bathroom fire warning, gear bay overheats, then having our engines flame out, and then yelling at us that we didn’t land on a poorly visualized road. Oh, and my sim partner on lesson 6, a grown man, literally breaking down and sobbing in the simulator. Fun times. Now, again, pass AWaC and pass anywhere. After leaving and being hired at bluejet I literally had to question if they were joking at how easy that program was, to the point that we were questioning why we had the ability to drink beer far more then study. I don’t regret going to AWaC, I made life long friends and I enjoyed most of the people I flew with. I came out of AWaC as a much better pilot then when I went in, but the training program was a total $hit show.