Old 01-31-2020, 01:28 PM
chucknorris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by pitchtrim View Post
Funny you say that because I too for years couldn't stand the smell of the sim center or hotel we stayed at in Charlotte after my stint there as a new hire. My 46 year old sim partner also broke down in tears one day. This was 10 years ago. It has given me a lot of confidence now that I'm elsewhere and going through their training program. Awac has softened up a bit over the years and will give far more opportunities to redeem yourself should you fail or need more time along the way. It's hard but fair.
I was at Denver CAE. Passing by that sim building on the way to the Denver overnight still gives me a little agitated response. I had “the terminator” as a check airmen, which actually I really liked him and had him for multiple PCs afterward, but yeah, AWAC was something. Upgrade was much easier though even there half my class had issues. I think in ‘05 we failed out about 25% of our new hire class and upgrade in 07 a couple people needed retraining, which they were nice enough to give to those that needed it.

I don’t have a vandetta against them, haven’t worked there in 10+ years, never failed a training event or needed extra training. These are just my observations after since being in a real nice conductive training environment.

A last note, I know that AWAC pilots are looked at favorably because they are in no way shape or form a training liability at the majors. I’m not saying it’ll open you any more doors, but there aren’t many weak AWAC pilots.

Last edited by chucknorris; 01-31-2020 at 01:49 PM.