View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 08:33 PM
BrazilBusDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant View Post
(Sorry... longer than I anticipated)

Gang...

I've been with them for 37 years and only twice have I genuinely thought of leaving USAA. Today kinda made my mind up. After 3 phone calls this week and the rather long wait times (20 minute wait Rrrr) on hold each time including today for either talking to a rep or having them call me back using that function, I received more frustration than answers from them

Simply closed an acct and wanted remaining funds trxfrd to checking account.... How can that take literally 3-4 weeks?? Its MY money. The kicker was this: the first 2 reps told me 3-5 biz days!! The "Conflict Resolution" desk guy says 10-14 days to process and 7-10 biz days to fund.

Unacceptable.... especially when the first 2 reps told me 3-5 days, which I had made some plans on!

Looking for suggestions for other banks/insitutions you all use and how you like them..... Citibank, BofA, credit unions etc...

Thanks guys.

Kap
I'm a pretty big fan of Navy Federal...they've been cheaper and/or had better returns on everything I've looked into lately (mortgage, credit card, auto loan, CDs, etc). Wasn't the case 10 years ago, but USAA's carinsurance has gotten high for me. I just switched to AAA. In the process of switching to them for term life, too.