View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 04:56 AM
DontLookDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Aquilotti1 View Post
I would be going to 5 lessons per week so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it in 2 months. This is pretty much all I'm going to do. Study and fly. Thanks for the tip regarding the online ground school. Is there a website?
There are a ton of options out there for online ground school, but the one I’m most familiar with is Gleim. You can order a Gleim PPL kit and get the books you’ll need to study, a far aim, a logbook and a flight bag for a pretty reasonable cost. I think it’s around $150. It also comes with an online ground school and written test prep.

The big deal with Gleim, is that once you complete the ground course it provides you with a certificate that counts as endorsement to go take the written test.

if you use a company that fails to give you an endorsement you’ll still need a logbook signoff from an instructor before you can take the test.

getting it done before you even start flying would be a major step towards getting your stuff done in 2 months. You’ll only have to focus on flying and will pick stuff up quicker after being pretty familiar with everything from self study